Director of Facilities
The Director of Facilities is responsible for the maintenance, long-term viability and consistent efficient performance of the School's buildings and related systems. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, he or she leads a team of Facilities professionals and works closely with the Head of Grounds and with members of the IT and Business Office teams, as well as interacting regularly with the Head of School and other members of the school administration.
The responsiblities of the position will include but are not limited to:
- Managing each of the key operating systems (HVAC, electricity, water, plumbing, sewage, fire suppression and alarms, and roofs to ensure reliable, efficient and consistent performance and to allow the School to operate without systems interruption.
- Supervising, training and working alongside Facilities staff to build a cohesive and enthusiastic team capable of providing high levels of service and reducing the use of outside contractors to a minimum.
- Working with the COO to create the annual Facilities operating budget, and then managing Facilities expenditures to stay within the budget on an annual basis.
- Managing Facilities purchasing and inventory control to minimize waste, stay on or under budget and buy wisely.
- Coordinating the planning, budgeting and execution of the School's capital projects, including maintaining and updating an ongoing five-year capital plan.
- Planning and supervising support for School functions, including equipment set-up and take-down, cleaning and trash disposal.
- Planning and supervising summer work, including hiring and managing seasonal Facilities employees.
- Overseeing the School's program for renting its facilities, with the goal of maximizing rental revenue while enhancing the visibility of the School to visitors not from the DC community.
The requirements of the position will include but are not limited to:
- A clear profession of faith in Jesus Christ
- Agreement with the School's statement of faith and core values
- Specific technical expertise in at least two of the major systems area (HVAC, electric, plumbing, water and sewage)
- Proven experience in managing teams of skilled workers, ideally in a facilities environment
- Ability to work flexible hours, respond to emergencies and make a significant commitment to servant leadership in a ministry environment
Performance reviews for which the Director of Facilities is responsible:
- Facilities Associates
- Facilities Administrative Assistant
The above job description does not encompass the totality of the responsibilities, obligations, competencies, tasks, and duties required of this position, and is intended only to convey to potential applicants the general requirements and accountability sought of the employee assigned to this position. Delaware County Christian School reserves the right, at any time and in its sole and absolute discretion, to adjust this job description and the information provided herein. This job description is not intended as, and in no way constitutes, an employment contract.
2014-2015 Faculty Positions
Delaware County Christian School is accepting applications for the following faculty and administrative positions:
There are currently no positions available.
Please submit all application materials including:
Mrs. Shante Major
Assistant to the Head of School
Delaware County Christian School
462 Malin Road
Newtown Square, PA 19073
Or submit electronic documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Grounds and Vehicles Division of the Facilities Department is seeking a Grounds Specialist to join the Facilities team. This individual will report to the Grounds and Vehicles Supervisor. The successful candidate will have an ability to multitask and work well within a team and with a range of “customers” within the DC community including: parents, students, faculty, and staff. This job entails, but is not limited to using an assortment of grounds keeping equipment, being comfortable using chain saws, snow removal, and the ability to lift heavy objects. Applicants with a background in lawn and grounds keeping preferred. Good Christian character is a must. Please check the school website www.dccs.org regarding personal faith alignment. Resumes and completed staff application should be sent to Mrs. Shante Major at email@example.com. Please call Peter Keelan at 610-353-6522 or 610-209-5108 with questions.
Delaware County Christian School is looking for bus drivers to help transport students to athletic events and class trips. DC is a Pre-K through grade 12 school located on 2 campuses. This is a part-time position with flexible hours and the ability to choose trips. Qualified drivers should complete a staff application. This application can be e-mailed to Marie Coppola (firstname.lastname@example.org), faxed to 610-353-1285 or mailed to Marie Coppola, Delaware County Christian School, 462 Malin Road, Newtown Square, PA 19073. Marie Coppola can be reached to answer any questions at 610-353-6522, ext. 2276.
Athletic Coaching Positions
The Delaware County Christian School Athletic Department is looking to fill the following coaching positions:
Assistant Track and Field
Varsity Assistant Boys Lacrosse
Assistant Varsity Girls Basketball
Assistant Varsity Boys Basketball
Multiple Middle School Positions
Girls Head Varsity Softball Coach
Girls Assistant Varsity Softball Coach
These are paid positions and all potential applicants should:
- Possess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Contact athletic office and fill out the DC coaches application
- Possess a knowledge of individual skills and team tactics of the sport involved
- Be able to communicate a Christian-view of athletics
- An extensive playing or coaching background is preferred
All interested applicants should complete a coaching application and contact Director of Athletics, Don Davis at 610-353-6522 ex. 2252 or email@example.com.
Please assist the DC athletic department in connecting with qualified applicants by sharing this information with others in your communities, churches, and places of work. Thank you. GO KNIGHTS!