2022-23 Academic Year Vacation and Holiday Calendar
Mandatory Pre-Season Monday, Aug 8 V/JV Golf
Mandatory Pre-Season Monday, Aug 15 V/JV All Sports
First Day of Classes, PK2-12 Tuesday, Aug 30 (PK2-K 12 noon dismissal)
NO SCHOOL Friday, Sept 2 Labor Day Weekend
NO SCHOOL Monday, Sept 5 Labor Day
MS/US Retreats Wednesday, Sept 7 - Friday, Sept 9
NO SCHOOL Friday, Oct 7 Fall Break
Homecoming Weekend, Oct 13-15
NO SCHOOL Friday, Oct 28 Student Support Day/Faculty Work Day
MS/US SAIL 1 Monday, Oct 31-Friday, Nov 4
NO SCHOOL Thursday, Nov 10 Parent-Teacher Conferences
Noon Dismissal Tuesday, Nov 15 Parent-Teacher Conferences
NO SCHOOL Wednesday, Nov 23 - Fri Nov 25 Thanksgiving break
Noon Dismissal Wednesday, Dec 21
NO SCHOOL Thursday, Dec 22 - Tues, Jan 3 Christmas Break
NO SCHOOL Monday, Jan 16 Martin Luther King Jr Day
NO SCHOOL Monday, Jan 23 Student Support Day/Faculty Work Day
NO SCHOOL Tuesday, Jan 24 Faculty Professional Development Day
NO SCHOOL Friday, Feb 17 Faculty Professional Development Day
NO SCHOOL Monday, Feb 20 Presidents’ Day
NO SCHOOL Thursday, March 9 Parent-Teacher Conferences
MS/US SAIL 2 Monday, March 27 - Friday, March 31
NO SCHOOL Monday, April 3 - Friday, April 7 Spring/Easter Break
NO SCHOOL Monday, April 10 Student Support Day/Faculty Work Day
NO SCHOOL Monday, May 29 Memorial Day
Graduation Friday, June 2 Class of 2023 Graduation
1 pm Dismissal, grades PK2-11 MS/US Exams Monday, June 5 - Thursday, June 8
Last day of school Thursday, June 8
The calendars on the DC website can be easily shared and displayed on personal calendar systems such as Outlook and Google Calendars using iCal feeds.
Use the instructions below to add the individual school calendars to your personal calendar(s).
- Copy the Google iCal URL for the appropriate calendar.
- Click the down-arrow next to "Other calendars" in your Google Calendar.
- Select "Add by URL" from the menu.
- Enter the iCal feed URL in the field provided.
- Click "Add Calendar." The calendar will appear in the "Other Calendars" section of the calendar list to the left.
Outlook 2010 & Above
- Open Outlook and switch to Calendar "mode."
- Click the "Home" tab on the Ribbon.
- Under "Manage Calendars," click on "Open Calendar \ From Internet."
- Enter the standard iCal URL into the "New Internet Calendar" field, then click "OK."
- Click "Yes" when prompted to verify that you want to subscribe to the calendar.
- Open the "Settings" app on your iOS device.
- Tap on "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."
- Tap on "Add Account" under the "Mail" section.
- Tap on "Other."
- Tap on Add Subscribed Calendar" under the "Calendars" section.
- Enter the standard iCal URL and tap "Next." Your device will then attempt to verify the feed.
- Change any additional details (such as the description) and then tap "Save."
- In Calendar, choose "File > New Calendar Subscription."
- Enter the standard iCal URL, and then click "Subscribe."
- Enter a name for the calendar in the "Name" field and choose a color from the adjacent pop-up menu.
- To update your copy of the calendar when changes to it are published, choose the update frequency from the "Auto-refresh" pop-up menu.
- Click "OK."
- To make changes to the calendar, click the name of the calendar, and then choose "Edit > Get Info."