Athletics Team Calendars
2019-2020 Academic Year Vacation and Holiday Calendar
Monday, Aug 5 Start Date for Mandatory Pre-Season Practices for Varsity Football
Monday, Aug 12 Start Date for Mandatory Pre-Season Practices for all other V & JV Fall Sports
Tuesday, Aug 27 First Day of Classes Grades K-12
Thursday, Aug 29 First Day of Classes Pre-K
Thursday, Aug 29 DC Family Picnic and Dedication & Praise Ceremony
Friday, Aug 30-Monday, Sept 2 No School - Labor Day Weekend
Friday, Oct 4 No School - Fall Break
Friday, Oct 11-Saturday, Oct 12 Homecoming Weekend
Monday, Oct 28 No School – Student Support Day/Faculty Work Day
Tuesday, Oct 29 No School-Faculty Professional Development
Tuesday, Nov 5 No School - Parent-Teacher Conferences
Thursday, Nov 14 Noon Dismissal - Parent-Teacher Conferences
Wednesday, Nov 27-Friday, Nov 29 No School - Thanksgiving Vacation
Tuesday, Dec 17-Thursday, Dec 19 MS/US Midterm Exams, 1 pm Dismissal for MS/US ONLY
Friday, Dec 20 MS/US Midterm Exams, 1 pm Dismissal for Pre-K – 12th
Monday, Dec 23-Friday, Jan 3 No School - Christmas Vacation
Monday, Jan 20 No School - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day/Day of Service
Tuesday, Jan 21 No School - Student Support Day/Faculty Work Day
Friday, Feb 14 No School - Faculty Professional Development
Monday, Feb 17 No School - Presidents' Day
Thursday, March 12 No School - Parent-Teacher Conferences
Monday, March 23-Friday, March 27 No School - Spring Break
Monday, March 30 No School - Student Support Day/Faculty Work Day
Friday, April 10-Monday, April 13 No School- Easter Break
Monday, May 25 No School - Memorial Day
Friday, May 29 Class of 2020 Graduation
Thursday, June 4-Tuesday, June 9 MS/US Final Exams
Thursday, June 4-Tuesday, June 9 Early Dismissal, 1 pm, for all grades
Tuesday, June 9 Last Day of School
The calendars on the DC website can be easily shared and displayed on personal calendar systems such as Outlook and Google Calendars using iCal feeds.
Use the instructions below to add the individual school calendars to your personal calendar(s).
- Copy the Google iCal URL for the appropriate calendar.
- Click the down-arrow next to "Other calendars" in your Google Calendar.
- Select "Add by URL" from the menu.
- Enter the iCal feed URL in the field provided.
- Click "Add Calendar." The calendar will appear in the "Other Calendars" section of the calendar list to the left.
Outlook 2010 & Above
- Open Outlook and switch to Calendar "mode."
- Click the "Home" tab on the Ribbon.
- Under "Manage Calendars," click on "Open Calendar \ From Internet."
- Enter the standard iCal URL into the "New Internet Calendar" field, then click "OK."
- Click "Yes" when prompted to verify that you want to subscribe to the calendar.
- Open the "Settings" app on your iOS device.
- Tap on "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."
- Tap on "Add Account" under the "Mail" section.
- Tap on "Other."
- Tap on Add Subscribed Calendar" under the "Calendars" section.
- Enter the standard iCal URL and tap "Next." Your device will then attempt to verify the feed.
- Change any additional details (such as the description) and then tap "Save."
- In Calendar, choose "File > New Calendar Subscription."
- Enter the standard iCal URL, and then click "Subscribe."
- Enter a name for the calendar in the "Name" field and choose a color from the adjacent pop-up menu.
- To update your copy of the calendar when changes to it are published, choose the update frequency from the "Auto-refresh" pop-up menu.
- Click "OK."
- To make changes to the calendar, click the name of the calendar, and then choose "Edit > Get Info."