2021-22 Academic Year Vacation and Holiday Calendar
Monday, August 16 Mandatory Pre-Season Practices for Varsity & JV Sports begin (except Varsity Football)
Monday, Autust 23 Mandatory Pre-Season Practice for Varsity Football begins
Wednesday, September 1 First Day of Classes (PK4-12)
(PK4-K) 12noon dismissal
(1-8) 3:00pm dismissal
(9-12) 3:05pm dismissal
Thursday, September 2 First Day of Classes (PK2-PK3) 12noon dismisal
Friday, September 3 NO SCHOOL - Labor Day Weekend
Monday, September 6 NO SCHOOL - Labor Day
Friday, October 1 NO SCHOOL - Fall Break
Monday, November 1 NO SCHOOL - Student Support Day/Faculty Work Day
Thursday, November 11 Noon Dismissal - Parent-Teacher Conferences
Tuesday, November 16 NO SCHOOL - Parent-Teacher Conferences
Wednesday, November 24 - Friday, November 26 NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
Tuesday, December 21 Noon Dismissal - Christmas Break Begins
Wednesday, December 22 - Friday, December 31 NO SCHOOL - Christmas Break
Monday, January 17 NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King Day of Remembrance
Monday, January 24 NO SCHOOL - Student Support Day/Faculty Work Day
Tuesday, January 25 NO SCHOOL - Faculty Professional Development Day
Friday, February 18 NO SCHOOL
Monday, February 21 NO SCHOOL - Presidents’ Day
Thursday, March 10 NO SCHOOL - Parent-Teacher Conferences
Monday, March 28 - Friday, April 1 NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
Friday, April 15 - Monday, April 18 NO SCHOOL - Easter Break
Monday, May 30 NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
Friday, June 3 Class of 2022 Graduation
Tuesday, June 7 - Friday, June 10 1pm Dismissals (PK3-11), MS/US Exams
Friday, June 10 Last Day of School
The calendars on the DC website can be easily shared and displayed on personal calendar systems such as Outlook and Google Calendars using iCal feeds.
Use the instructions below to add the individual school calendars to your personal calendar(s).
- Copy the Google iCal URL for the appropriate calendar.
- Click the down-arrow next to "Other calendars" in your Google Calendar.
- Select "Add by URL" from the menu.
- Enter the iCal feed URL in the field provided.
- Click "Add Calendar." The calendar will appear in the "Other Calendars" section of the calendar list to the left.
Outlook 2010 & Above
- Open Outlook and switch to Calendar "mode."
- Click the "Home" tab on the Ribbon.
- Under "Manage Calendars," click on "Open Calendar \ From Internet."
- Enter the standard iCal URL into the "New Internet Calendar" field, then click "OK."
- Click "Yes" when prompted to verify that you want to subscribe to the calendar.
- Open the "Settings" app on your iOS device.
- Tap on "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."
- Tap on "Add Account" under the "Mail" section.
- Tap on "Other."
- Tap on Add Subscribed Calendar" under the "Calendars" section.
- Enter the standard iCal URL and tap "Next." Your device will then attempt to verify the feed.
- Change any additional details (such as the description) and then tap "Save."
- In Calendar, choose "File > New Calendar Subscription."
- Enter the standard iCal URL, and then click "Subscribe."
- Enter a name for the calendar in the "Name" field and choose a color from the adjacent pop-up menu.
- To update your copy of the calendar when changes to it are published, choose the update frequency from the "Auto-refresh" pop-up menu.
- Click "OK."
- To make changes to the calendar, click the name of the calendar, and then choose "Edit > Get Info."