2023-24 Academic Year Vacation and Holiday Calendar
Mandatory Pre-Season Monday, Aug 7 V/JV Golf
Madatory Pre-Season Monday, Aug 14 V/JV All Sports
First Day of Classes, PK3-12 Tuesday, Aug 29 (PK3-K 12 noon dismissal)
NO SCHOOL Friday, Sept 1 Labor Day Weekend
NO SCHOOL Monday, Sept 4 Labor Day
First Day of Classes, PK2 Tuesday, Sept 5 (PK2 noon dismissal)
US Retreats Wednesday, Sept 6 - Friday, Sept 8
8th Grade Retreat Thursday, Sept 14 - Friday, Sept 15
Homecoming Weekend Thursday, Oct 12 - Saturday, Oct 14
NO SCHOOL Monday, Oct 16 Fall Break
NO SCHOOL Thursday, Oct 26 Teaching for Transformation Training
NO SCHOOL Friday, Oct 27 Teaching for Transformation Training
MS/US SAIL 1 Monday, Oct 30 - Friday, Nov 3
NO SCHOOL Tuesday, Nov 14 Parent-Teacher Conferences
Noon Dismissal Thursday, Nov 16 Parent-Teacher Conferences
NO SCHOOL Wednesday, Nov 22 - Fri Nov 24 Thanksgiving break
Noon Dismissal Wednesday, Dec 20
NO SCHOOL Thursday, Dec 21 - Tues, Jan 2 Christmas break; Inservice day Jan 2
NO SCHOOL Monday, Jan 15 Martin Luther King Jr Day
NO SCHOOL Monday, Jan 22 Fac/Staff Inservice
NO SCHOOL Tuesday, Feb 13 Teaching for Transformation Training
NO SCHOOL Wednesday, Feb 14 Teaching for Transformation Training
NO SCHOOL Monday, Feb 19 Presidents’ Day
NO SCHOOL Thursday, March 7 Parent-Teacher Conferences
NO SCHOOL Monday, March 25 - Monday, April 1 Spring/Easter Break
MS/US SAIL 2 Monday, April 8 - Friday, April 12
NO SCHOOL Thursday, May 16 Teaching for Transformation Training
NO SCHOOL Friday, May 17 Teaching for Transformation Training
NO SCHOOL Monday, May 27 Memorial Day
Graduation Friday, May 31 Class of 2024 Graduation
1 pm Dismissal, grades PK2-11 MS/US Exams Monday, June 3 - Thursday, June 6
Last day of school Thursday, June 6
The calendars on the DC website can be easily shared and displayed on personal calendar systems such as Outlook and Google Calendars using iCal feeds.
Use the instructions below to add the individual school calendars to your personal calendar(s).
- Copy the Google iCal URL for the appropriate calendar.
- Click the down-arrow next to "Other calendars" in your Google Calendar.
- Select "Add by URL" from the menu.
- Enter the iCal feed URL in the field provided.
- Click "Add Calendar." The calendar will appear in the "Other Calendars" section of the calendar list to the left.
Outlook 2010 & Above
- Open Outlook and switch to Calendar "mode."
- Click the "Home" tab on the Ribbon.
- Under "Manage Calendars," click on "Open Calendar \ From Internet."
- Enter the standard iCal URL into the "New Internet Calendar" field, then click "OK."
- Click "Yes" when prompted to verify that you want to subscribe to the calendar.
- Open the "Settings" app on your iOS device.
- Tap on "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."
- Tap on "Add Account" under the "Mail" section.
- Tap on "Other."
- Tap on Add Subscribed Calendar" under the "Calendars" section.
- Enter the standard iCal URL and tap "Next." Your device will then attempt to verify the feed.
- Change any additional details (such as the description) and then tap "Save."
- In Calendar, choose "File > New Calendar Subscription."
- Enter the standard iCal URL, and then click "Subscribe."
- Enter a name for the calendar in the "Name" field and choose a color from the adjacent pop-up menu.
- To update your copy of the calendar when changes to it are published, choose the update frequency from the "Auto-refresh" pop-up menu.
- Click "OK."
- To make changes to the calendar, click the name of the calendar, and then choose "Edit > Get Info."