What We Believe
Mission, Promise, Vision
The Mission of DC is:
To educate students who will serve God and impact the world through biblical thought and action.
We prepare students for a life of impact through an innovative and exemplary education rooted in Christ.
Delaware County Christian School (DC) is an exemplary educational institution in the greater Philadelphia area, providing a comprehensive PreK-12 college preparatory education that is grounded in the Word of God. Firmly rooted in Christian community, DC seeks to continue building rigorous, innovative programs in academics, the arts and athletics. The school provides students a liberal arts education, engaging the mind and body as well as developing leaders who are equipped to impact the world for Christ. Moreover, DC aspires to be an institutional leader and model for schools both nationwide and globally.
Faith & Philosophy
STATEMENT OF FAITH
The following statement of faith was adopted in 1950 and has not been changed in the school’s history. We believe these to be core Christian doctrines. Parents must indicate their agreement with this statement when completing the application form.
The basis of faith shall be the Word of God as interpreted by the following:
- We believe that the Bible, made up of 66 books, verbally inspired, and free from error in doctrine, fact, and ethic, i.e., inerrant, is the Word of God and the only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in one Triune God, eternally existent in three co-equal persons -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal and physical return in power and glory.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but that through sin, he brought upon himself and his posterity not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; that all human beings by physical birth possess a sinful nature and are therefore actual sinners in thought, word, and deed; and that man, as such, is condemned to hell and utterly unable to remedy his lost condition by himself or by ecclesiastical rite.
- We believe that the salvation of lost and sinful man is a free gift of God’s grace apart from works, based solely upon Christ’s vicarious and atoning death, effected by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit, and received by trusting in Christ’s finished work on the cross.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost -- they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
DC's philosophy can best be discerned through the following documents:
- Rooted in Christ - All we do, teach and learn is rooted in Christ.
- Scholarship - We cultivate our God-given intellects and become passionate, lifelong learners.
- Excellence - Doing everything to the Glory of God compels us to excellence.
- Community - Our diverse community values partnership, collaboration and strong personal relationships.
- Servanthood - As servant-leaders, we recognize our calling to influence culture for good.
- Impact- Reasoning critically and acting biblically, we are equipped to impact the world for Christ.