Early Childhood Center
Young children are naturally inquisitive and love to learn. They love to play, move, and engage with the world around them. Students in grades PK2-Kindergarten at DC participate in a Christ-centered education designed to help them develop skills and tools that will be vital in their academic, spiritual, and social lives.
DC’s Early Childhood Center provides a safe environment and learning community where young learners develop a sense of awe and wonder for God’s created world. This, in turn, fosters a lifelong love of learning.
The teachers at the ECC use Bible-centered curriculum materials coupled with play and academic rigor to introduce the wonder of God’s creation to our children, even at a very young age. We are so thankful for the ECC program at DC!
- ECC Parent
- Instruction coupled with play encourages students at every level of ability to achieve their personal best while building inquisitiveness and creativity
- Responsive Classroom builds vital building blocks for milestone development and foundational school readiness skills
- Experiential learning provides rich opportunities for deeper learning
- 33 acre campus including a running stream, koi pond, hardwood forest, meadows and fields are available for student exploration
- A dedicated early childhood playground, gymnasium, and athletic fields provide areas for competition and recreation
- Specials classes enrich student learning include: Innovation/STEM, Spanish (Kindergarten), music, physical education/ movement, library/technology, and art.
- Student Support Services are available to meet various learning needs.
As required, DC's PK2 program is licensed by the State of Pennsylvania Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL). As the entire Early Childhood Center seeks to operate with excellence, we follow the Child Day Care Centers Self-Assessment Checklist to Support Certification Compliance in all grade levels.