WE BELIEVE the middle school years hold unique opportunities to nurture students as they develop spiritually, physically, socially and emotionally toward the goal of impacting their world through biblical thought and action.
Rigorous, Christ centered, liberal arts instruction reflects the understanding that middle school students are moving from concrete to abstract thinking, which requires encouragement in a safe and loving environment. Academic, artistic, and athletic co-curriculars round out our middle school program enabling each student to discover the gifts and talents God has given them.
Having teachers who pray for you and want you to grow in both whatever subject they are teaching you AND in your walk with Christ is a huge strength of a DC education. I also love the smaller class sizes which help with learning and building community.
- DC 8th grader
- Newly renovated building equipped with Smartboards and classroom chromebooks
- Flexible classroom furniture promoting small group instruction
- Two gymnasiums, multiple athletic fields, art, drama, and music rooms, library, and a 600 seat auditorium
- Student Support Services available to meet various learning needs
- Highly competitive athletic programs fielding ten middle school teams
- Excellent Fine Arts programs featuring a mid-year performance, concert band, Boys and Girls Select choirs, 6th grade choir, and numerous band ensembles
- Academic clubs including, Math Olympics, National Geography Bee, Robotics, Science Olympiad
- SAIL program (School of Applied and Innovative Learning) teaching students the value of collaborative learning and problem solving, through risk free trial and error learning experiences
- Highly relational faculty that loves and cares for their students through weekly advisory meetings
- Highly engaged Parent Volunteer Organization