The middle school years hold unique opportunities to nurture students as they develop spiritually, physically, socially and emotionally toward the goal of impacting their world through biblical thought and action.
Rigorous, Christ centered, liberal arts instruction reflects the understanding that middle school students are moving from concrete to abstract thinking, which requires encouragement in a safe and loving environment. Academic, artistic, and athletic co-curriculars round out our middle school program enabling each student to discover the gifts and talents God has given them.
Having teachers who pray for you and want you to grow in both whatever subject they are teaching you AND in your walk with Christ is a huge strength of a DC education. I also love the smaller class sizes which help with learning and building community.
- DC 8th grader
- Highly relational faculty that loves and cares for their students
- Newly renovated building equipped with Smartboards and Apple TV
- Flexible classroom furniture promoting small group instruction
- A gymnasium, multiple athletic fields, art studio, drama, and music rooms, library, science labs, a 600 seat auditorium, and a newly constructed Student Union Center and dining hall
- 1:1 iPads
- Weekly advisory meetings that emphasize spiritual growth, friendship development, and building of positive school culture
- Student Support Services available to meet various learning needs
- Highly competitive athletic programs fielding thirteen middle school teams
- Excellent Fine Arts programs featuring a Middle School Theatre production, concert band and choirs (presenting Christmas and Spring performances), and numerous band ensembles
- Academic clubs/competitions including, Math Olympics, AcTs Academic Challenge (8th grade), Robotics, What’s So Cool About Manufacturing Video Contest
- SAIL program (School of Applied and Innovative Learning) teaching students the value of collaborative learning and problem solving, through risk free trial and error learning experiences
- 7th and 8th Grade electives including, band, choir, theatre, yearbook, video design and editing, board games strategy and design, adventure education, STEM design challenge, entrepreneurship, and art
- Leadership opportunities as class members of the Middle School Student Leadership Board
- Opportunities for parent involvement through a highly engaged PVO
- Option to take classes and micro-certifications through The Center for Innovation