WE BELIEVE the Upper School division not only prepares students for the next level of education, but for life.
As a school deeply rooted in Christ, we seek to impress upon our students the understanding that all truth is God’s truth, and we desire that a relentless pursuit of the truth become a daily reality. Our students learn how to grow through successes and failures and how to engage in servanthood with humility and compassion. They will be leaders who make an impact wherever they go, because they will know how to be creative thinkers, problem solvers, and collaborative workers! DC strives for excellence and those who choose to partner with us will enjoy an academic journey like none they’ve ever had before!
We chose DC for our children because of the spirit of excellence in all areas. We are thrilled that beyond their scholarly pursuits our children have the opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of competitive athletic programs, as well as state-of-the-art visual and performing arts, done not for their own glory but for the glory of God.
- DC Parent
- Rigorous college preparatory curriculum offering 17 Advanced Placement courses
- Over 50 class offerings in the Schools for Applied and Innovative Learning teaching students to engage with authentic problems and current issues, and develop the agency to work toward solutions that impact their communities and the world for Christ
- Two gymnasiums, multiple athletic fields, art, theatre, and music rooms, library, and a 600 seat auditorium
- Excellent Fine Arts programs nurturing students’ dramatic, musical and visual art training earning frequent recognition including multiple first place ribbons, scholarships to the top art schools, and CAPPIE awards
- Competitive athletics program pursuing “Everyday Excellence and Championship Character"
- Exceptional faculty dedicated to educating the whole student
- Robust college and career counseling program beginning in the spring of 8th grade