Applying for ACT, AP, PSAT, SAT Accommodations
Applying For Extended Time or Special Testing Accommodations on the ACT
In order to apply for extended time on the ACT you must:
- Have an Official Accommodation Plan in place and active at Delaware County Christian School.
- Have current documentation of testing that is (diagnosed or reconfirmed within three academic years).
- Decide on a specific test date that you will take your first ACT (or 2nd if you did not apply for accommodations before your 1st test)
Steps to complete the application for ACT accommodations:
- Go to www.actstudent.org
- Click on this link: https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/registration/accommodations.html.
- Follow and complete instructions. When registering you will indicate whether you want National Testing Accommodations (receiving 50% additional time on National Test Day) or Special Testing (testing at DC with a proctor over multiple days). The important steps to remember after you complete the registration is to e-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org) letting me know that you registered and for which test, signed up to receive accommodations and which type of accommodations you would like your child to have (National Testing or Special Testing).
If you have any questions regarding requesting extended time accommodations for the ACT, please contact Trevor Creeden at (610) 353-6522 ext. 2229 or email@example.com.
How to Apply for Accommodations on any College Board Test
To apply for accommodations on any College Board Test (AP or SAT) your student must:
- Have an active accommodation plan at Delaware County Christian School.
- Have current testing documentation (within the past five years) on file at Delaware County Christian School
- Submit the following form to the Guidance Office. (Consent Form for Request for Accommodations)
- Once you submit the form, the Guidance Office will send the necessary paperwork to College Board.
Timeline to apply:
College Board can take as many as 6-8 weeks to review accommodation requests, so please submit your requests as early as possible. I recommend that you apply by the end of sophomore year in order to have all accommodations ready by the PSAT in October of junior year.