Parent Volunteer Organization (PVO)
“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” I Peter 4:10 NIV
Every parent at DC is a member of the Parent Volunteer Organization. Volunteering with the PVO is a great way to get involved and meet other DC families. Thank you for partnering with Delaware County Christian School.
DC's Parent Volunteer Organization (PVO) provides a coordinated program for the parents to partner and serve school faculty, staff, and students. The PVO advances the mission of the school by encouraging faculty, staff, and administration in their efforts to impact each student. Through service and events PVO organizes and supports activities to foster communication and fellowship between members of our school community.
All DC parents are encouraged to participate in the PVO. Each academic division offers parents a variety of ways to participate and be involved. Click on each division to learn more about opportunities to serve.
What about background checks?
DC requires background checks for volunteers. Volunteers who plan to serve on a regular basis, along with any parent chaperone that plans to go on an off-campus field trip, must have this clearance completed. Parents or other volunteers should initiate this process on their own.
The Act 153 Child Protective Services Law requires that 3 clearances are needed for volunteers on a 36 month basis. Please visit the following websites and follow the directions to obtain your clearances:
Prior to beginning clearances have available:
Addresses where you have previously lived
Names of all individuals with whom you have lived (including parents, guardians, siblings, spouse)
Any previous names you have been known by (nicknames, maiden name, aliases)
1. Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearances (CY113) – Act 151
- Go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home and select “Create Individual Account”.
- Read the information and select “Next”.
- Create a Keystone User ID (make a note of this Keystone ID, you will need it again); Complete the remember of information on this page including security questions
- You will receive two automated emails from the state (these emails may go to a SPAM or JUNK mail account, so please check those before recreating an account). One email will include the Keystone ID that you registered; the other email will include a temporary password.
- Return to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home login using your Keystone ID and temporary password. You will be prompted to change your password.
- You will then log out and in again, a third time, https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home to complete a clearance application.
- When asked about the purpose for clearance, select “Volunteer”.
- Complete information requested including: Addresses where you have previously lived; Names of individuals with whom you have lived; Any previous names you have been known by.
- Click “Finalize” and “Submit Application”.
- You will receive and email confirming that your application has been successfully received. Save this email as it confirms that you have started the Child Abuse History Clearance.
- Notification of your clearance results will be emailed within 14 days, please print these results and submit to DC's Business Office.
2. Pennsylvania Criminal Record Checks (SP4-164) – Act 34
- Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us/
- Select “New Record Check”
- On the next page select “Individual Request”
- Complete the form. Select “Volunteer” as reason for request
- Review information select “proceed”
- Complete the Record Check Request form then select “Enter This Request”
- On the next screen (duplicate of the one previous) you do not need to enter any information. Click on “View Queued Record Check Requests (1)”
- On the Next Page, “Record Check Request Review”, click on “Submit”
- Click on the Control # (It starts with an R, to the left of your name in the chart)
- Click on “Certification Form” and print / save your form. You must print or save the certificate. Once viewed you will have no further access to the certificate
3. Volunteers can Sign Waiver (Disclosure Statement) if you have been a resident of Pennsylvania for more than 10 years OR
Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Checks – Act 114
- Visit https://uenroll.identogo.com/
- When prompted for a Service Code, enter 1KG6TR
- On the next screen, click "Schedule or Manage Appointment"
- Fill out all the required information. You will be asked to search for a place to have your fingerprints captured. The locations are not the same as the old Cogent sites. You will choose a day and time, or just walk-in, to have your fingerprints captured.
- You will need to bring designated identification listed on the IdentoGO website to the fingerprinting site
- You will pay the fee of $22.60 when you arrive at the fingerprinting site
- Please submit a copy of the receipt you receive from the IdentoGO fingerprinting site
For difficulty with the online systems, or to check on a clearance request:
PA Child Abuse: 717-783-6211
Criminal Record Check: 717-425-5546
FBI Fingerprinting Background Check: 844-321-2101
Once you have obtained copies of your background clearances please provide a copy to Laura Penley in the Business Office. In the event you have already obtained your clearances from your place of employment or your local church, simply provide a copy to Laura Penley. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 610-353-6421, or personally deliver the clearances to the business office.
A parent, college student, or visitor on campus for a brief, occasional visit does not require this background check. Please contact Laura Penley in the Business Office at 610-353-6522 x2203 or email@example.com for questions about this procedure or to check on your status currently on file.
Background clearances must be submitted to the Business Office prior to the date of your volunteer event.